STUDIO MANAGER – LEADING BRITISH ARTIST
EXPERIENCED STUDIO MANAGER - 3/4 DAYS PER WEEK
PERM ( POSS TO WORK P/T 3/4 DAYS P W )
WELL KNOWN ARTIST
November 24, 2021
Manager – international artist’s studio working on a range of ambitious and exciting projects and collaborations around the world.
These include large-scale installation and exhibition projects in major international museums and galleries Works include performances; sound installations; sculptures in mixed media; architectural and other experimental works involving original techniques. Much of the work exists on the frontier between visual art and music.
The studio manager will work closely with the artist and be actively involved with the management of all studio activities with the support of the production manager and a small dynamic team of studio assistants. They will manage specific projects as well as the general administration, day-to-day running and the strategic development of the studio.
– Fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
– Great people skills, for communicating both within and on behalf of the studio, including gallery liaison with the artist’s galleries and first point of contact for the artist.
– An in-depth understanding and demonstrated experience of the administrational processes involved in running an artist’s studio, including: insurance, shipping, health and safety, consignment of works, studio accounts, budget management, database management, artist contracts etc.
– Excellent management skills and ability to run the studio efficiently.
– A commercial outlook with the ability and motivation to research and create opportunities for the studio.
– Great general computer fluency/ability.
– Excellent writing style.
– Ability, dedication and ambition to make a long term commitment to the studio.
Key Skills / Personal Specification:
– Positive attitude, hard and efficient worker who enjoys what they do. Someone who we’ll love to have on our small and cheerful team and who will thrive in the studio environment.
– Very tidy, organised, with attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
– The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Further desirable qualities might include:
– Love of music / musical understanding and ability / understanding of acoustics.
– Event and performance management experience.
– Experience in architectural projects.