SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE – INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY GALLERY
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE
- Forward planning for both fairs and exhibitions throughout the year with the aim that we are always scheduled well in advance.
- Overseeing departments and making sure that shipping and framing etc are all booked in good time for respective shows.
- General sales with a focus upon 20c material
- Building client relationships
- Responding to web queries and utilising FM to contact relevant clients
- Outsourcing works for specific client projects
- Managing the edition charts/ stock for the 20c artists and Estates we represent
- Checking in regularly with the artists/ Estate representatives
- Assist artists in getting and coordinating museum or institutional exhibitions
- Coordinating fair planning
- Overseeing catalogue/ labels/ framing / shipment associated with fair
- Attending fairs in a sales capacity
- Overseeing exhibition preparation and hanging
- Help coordinate associated framing/ cataloguing/ labels and press release
- Providing ideas and implementing long term planning for large group exhibitions
- Constantly looking for new material/ artists for the gallery
- Viewing/ Bidding on behalf of the gallery when the Director is not available to do so.
- Overseeing gallery sales and accounting (especially when Director is travelling)
- Reviewing all texts/ consignments/ contracts etc to try and catch any potential errors/ problems
- Helping implement systems such as TA and ensure that we are legally certain of procedure
- Try and regularly review the output of colleagues at the gallery and check that they are both happy and productive. When noticing a problem attempting to put in a system that facilitates their work process.