SALES ASSISTANT OPPORTUNITY IN LEADING INTERNATIONAL BLUE CHIP GALLERY
January 17, 2022
Full-time Sales Assistant to work alongside two gallery Directors. The idealcandidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least two years related experienceor the equivalent.
Strong organizational skills, the ability to carefully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, a keeneye for detail, and a thorough working knowledge of Contemporary Art and Modern Art are required.This position involves signiﬁcant contact with clients, artists, estate representatives and curators.Discretion, superior judgment, maturity, and poise are essential. Superb written and oral communicationskills are required.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with proﬁciency in Chinese and/or Korean languages.
Below is a description of primary duties:
- Respond to all artists and artist studio/estate needs, communicating with external contacts,etc
- Monitor all artists’ solo/group exhibitions, both domestic and international, manage checklistsand loans
- Liaise with gallery staff regarding all aspects of inventory & exhibition management:production, shipping, framing, photography, research, etc.
- Assist Director in preparing, sending and monitoring all sales offers, exhibition and art fair previews; work with marketing department to obtain images, provenance, press packs or all otherrelevant documentation for offers
- Manage Director’s post-sale; manage invoicing, production, framing, shipping etc.
- Prepare secondary market research as requested; track certain auction sales and results
- Receive, organize and manage all appraisal requests
- Prepare/coordinate gallery viewings
- Create and manage guest lists for exhibitions/dinners, support Director during openings
- Organize Directors schedule, plan and book travel, keep track of meetings and manage all expenses