Registrar for a well known Institution
Exciting opportunity to work for a well-known Institution
30-35K depending on experience
July 2, 2018
Responsible for the day-to-day management of all movements of objects in and out of the Collections. Maintaining the database, including new acquisitions and loans.
• Maintain database of the Collections, including new object entries and location control.
• Manage the acquisition of new works, from invoicing procedure through to shipping and insurance.
• Coordinate all packing, shipping and storage of Collection works,maintaining correct customs and VAT procedures.
• Manage all loan requests from national and international organisations.
• Organise any necessary condition checking, documentation and conservation work.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with external key stakeholders, in particular with dealers and shipping companies.
The candidate must be passionate about preserving and documenting objects of artistic and historical importance. They should have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior role within registration.
• A degree in art history, fine art or other relevant subject
• Both institutional and commercial experience
• An in-depth knowledge of national and international ethics and legislation
• Demonstrated experience in professional registration methods and conservation requirements
• Excellent attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a confidential environment
• Good IT skills (FileMaker is a plus)