REGISTRAR _ EXPERIENCED
REGISTRAR – KEY ROLE IN THE LEADING CONTEMPORARY AND PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERY The ideal candidate will have a BA or higher in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least four years experience in registration or collections management. Superior organizational skills, the ability to carefully manage projects and meet deadlines, and a working knowledge of registration, fine art shipping and logistics are required.
- Working on installations including discussing shipping needs with departments, preparing internal and client condition reports, and ensuring proper management of Certificates of Authenticity
- Supervise and manage junior Registrar & Inventory Assistant and Intern workloads
- varied role includes travelling to art fairs – very involved in running of the gallery
- Work with Registrar & Inventory Assistant to ensure artworks are fully and accurately processed on receipt regarding physical properties and packing: dimensions and inscriptions confirmed; frame labels and Certificate of Authenticity labels applied or stored appropriately; verso images shared; packing assessed
- Create and maintain inventory control processes and protocols
- Generate activity lists for large requests (consignments, sales, catalogue raisonne etc.)
- Coordinate packing required for each type of artwork, requesting specific needs with agents
- Facilitate one-off large-scale inventory documentation, labelling, and storage such as larger collections of artist’s work, including all archive and supplemental material.
- Oversee quarterly inventory of gallery and European warehouse
- Must have strong administrative, organizational and professional communication skills
- Extensive experience in international shipping procedures, UK and EU Customs procedures and regulations, and strong knowledge of contemporary art
- Ability to handle a high level of volume and complexity with speed and accuracy
- Must be a proactive team player