PHOTOGRAPHY ASSISTANT – BLUE CHIP GALLERY
Photography Assistant reports to the Photography and Archive Coordinator.
Proactive, motivated, adept at multitasking, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience at a gallery, museum, or comparable arts organization is required.
Photo tasks: include
● Help to manage photography and videography calendar for London and Paris Galleries
● Assist Photography and Archive Coordinator on photoshoots, with additional hours as needed
● Process incoming photography: resize, edit, and prepare images for database and image server
● Ensure the image server is organized and updated with new inventory from the gallery and ● Assist with formatting images for sales previews
● Produce in-house images with DSLR
● Colour correcting, retouching, and printing images as needed ● Assist Sales and Communications teams with image requests
● Print binders for Art Fairs and special Sales projects ● Assist with AV support during live events
Libraries in anticipation of upcoming exhibitions; purchasing books as required and as authorised by Photography and Archive Coordinator
● Assist in archiving surplus publications in London storage system ● Assist with exhibition packages for artists
● Assist in packaging libraries for EU art fairs
● BA in Photography preferred ● Comfortable photographing artworks and exhibitions with a digital DSLR camera ● Proficient in managing and trafficking large quantities of images (resizing, labeling, and filing) in a highly organized and detailed manner ● Must have a strong understanding of colour management as it relates to artwork (i.e. maintaining color integrity of artworks from initial photography through printing) ● Experience working with Epson professional series printers and scanners ● Must have a strong knowledge of digital photography and basic lighting techniques ● Must have a strong knowledge of Photoshop including retouching skills ● General knowledge of Adobe Suite ● Knowledge of and interest in art history ● Experience and interest in archive and/or book cataloguing ● Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines