PARIS BASED – PRESS AND MARKETING CO-ORDINATOR LEADING BLUE CHIP GALLERY
BLUE CHIP GALLERY LEADING BRAND
June 27, 2021
Marketing & Communications Coordinator for international blue chip gallery to join its global marketing department.
The position is based in Paris and reports into the Paris Gallery Directors and the Director of Marketing, in New York.
The ideal candidate will have at least six years related experience in public relations, events and marketing. Superior communication skills, the ability to work independently, manage time and meet deadlines, and the ability to work with multiple teams is required.
Private Client Events (40%)
Manage and coordinate A-to-Z logistics for 6-10 Paris and European-based private events annually which includes but is not limited to
: ● Scout and secure venues for dinners and parties in Paris and throughout Europe
● Work with global Events Teams and Sales Teams to manage guest lists, invites, RSVPs, seating charts; manage outreach and RSVP management for private events and select EU events
● Serve as primary liaison to vendors, secure and negotiate budgets, contracts, menu selection, day of logistics, etc
● Work with Marketing team on the budgets, negotiating fees, PO approvals, and invoice processing ● Partner with Marketing/Design team on invitations, additional staffing support as needed; Partner with Gallery management to coordinate car/transportation
● Be present on-site to manage on-the-ground logistics throughout duration of events; support private additional events as needed Marketing & Communications (50%) ● Serve as point person for all marketing campaigns and activities including photography, videography, newsletters, social media and more ● Partner with the London-based Communications leads, to liaise with local PR agencies and support and implement strategic press campaigns for the Paris gallery in a wide range of top local, national, and European media, including print, online, tv, and radio for Paris shows and selected 3rd-party museum shows
● Partner with the London & NY comms teams to implement regional press campaigns and mailings Work with the Research team
● Manage the press and communications intern at Paris Public & Gallery-Related Events (10%) Manage and oversee the A-to-Z logistics of public events held at the gallery;
● Lead all on-site logistics for Press, Public, and other Gallery-Related events; Coordinate with Gallery team for staffing, logistics, run of show, resources, etc ● Manage the Paris events calendar and operations, partnering closely with Paris team and NY Marketing team to promote and support ● Partner with Sales, Marketing & Client Dev/Sales team to curate guestlist for Public & Semi-public Gallery events; manage outreach and RSVP management for select events ● Partner closely with Global Events team to ensure all private events adhere to best practices and gallery standards/protocol
● Collaborate on events with partners, coordinate selected press events and event series Requirements
● Fluency in French, and English is essential.
● BA or Masters degree in Art History or Communications preferred ● 5 + years of related experience in a gallery, museum, art institution, luxury house, or PR agency ● Excellent written and verbal communications skills ● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, and Photoshop