MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Galleries Oxford & Mayfair
Leading Contemporary Art Gallery
neg plus bonus
August 18, 2021
Working as part of a small dynamic team alongside the Founder Director, to ensure the Gallery’s success both commercially and artistically.
The main responsibilities of the Business Development and Marketing Manager include:
- Targeting sales and commercial opportunities – initiating and closing artwork sales
- Responsible for business and client development – creating and maintaining client relationships with collectors, including private individuals, corporates, curators and interior designers
- Identifying and generating new opportunities and revenue streams for the gallery
- Working on presentations and pitches to new clients
- Representing the gallery front of house when required and providing a point of contact for enquiries
- Assisting with managing the gallery assistants when required
- Developing and implementing the art consultancy services of the gallery
- Sourcing secondary market works for sale
- Assisting with the strategy, development, and delivery of the exhibition programme in both Woodstock and elsewhere, ensuring that it is commercially successful for the gallery and its artists
- Development and management of relationships with exhibiting artists, particularly gallery-represented artists, as identified with the Founder Director
- Curating – assisting with artist selection, identifying potential new artists and new concepts for exhibitions and selecting artwork
- Assisting with exhibition management and daily gallery organisation – curation, administration, and planning of exhibitions, including but not limited to working out logistics, consignment notes, framing, insurance, overseeing technicians and transport, and working to budgets
- Curation and management of public projects, including Art Fairs and institutions
Candidate requires an understanding of the financial demands of a busy commercial gallery.
PR and Marketing
Overall responsibility for developing and implementing the PR and Marketing strategy for the Gallery and Exhibitions Programme, including Online Artist Viewing Rooms, supported by the Gallery and Digital Marketing/Social Media Assistant, including:
- Overall responsibility for the strategy and content of the gallery’s social media channels: Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Development of the strategy and content for newsletters, in accordance with GDPR legislation, alongside the Founder Director
- Management of media relations, including drafting press releases and maintaining and developing relationships with all media contacts
- Overseeing the presentation and content of the gallery’s Artlogic website
- Overseeing all video content, including working with the Digital Assistant for in-house content, or liaison with video production companies when appropriate and within budget
- Management of the PR and Marketing budget
- Overall responsibility for the ‘look and feel’ of all marketing and PR materials in print and online
- Liaising with designers of printed marketing materials, including exhibition catalogues, ensuring their quality and timely delivery on budget
- Design and placement of print and online advertising, as appropriate
- Development and implementation of the events programme to support the exhibition programme and the growth of the client database
Responsible for the development of the Gallery and Digital Marketing/Social Media Assistant.
Art Market Intelligence
Develop and maintain a network of art market contacts in order to keep up to date with industry developments and art market trends.
Full UK Driving Licence is required.