LEADING ARTIST – GLOBAL PROJECTS ..WORKSHOP AND PRODUCTION MANAGER
BROAD TECHNICAL SKILL BASE AND MANAGEMENT EXP - complex fabrication of two d sculptures
dep upon exp - can be perm /freelance 3;4 days w
perm ; rolling contract
November 30, 2021
This is a key role in the studio that will lead a team of assistants and work closely with the artist and Studio Director to realise new projects and develop new techniques.
Responsibilities and skills include:
– Managing and assisting diverse sculptural fabrication: working to a high level of precision on woodwork, resin casting and AV installations.
– Working with external fabricators on projects.
– Sourcing materials and researching best processes for a range of artworks.
– Professional knowledge of power tools and hand tools.
– Writing-up and documenting fabrication processes.
– Managing and maintaining an efficient workshop, ensuring it is well-presented: maintenance and stock levels of tools and equipment.
– Health and safety awareness.
– Ability to motivate, develop and manage the team, ensuring that they are aware of and meet set deadlines.
– Competent computer skills. The studio uses software including Sketchup and Photoshop.
– At least 3 years professional experience in production/workshop management.
– In-depth knowledge of artist studio processes and art handling methods.
– Strong organisational methods with attention to detail and ability to prioritise and work independently.
– Proven experience of building good relationships with suppliers and contractors
Key Skills / Personal Specification:
– Positive attitude, hard and efficient worker – someone who we’ll love to have on the team!
– Problem solver and hands on approach.
– Very tidy, organised, with attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
– The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
– Time flexibility to work according to the needs of the studio including periods of intense activity.
– Develop an in-depth understanding of the studio’s work to become a solid member of the team.