JUNIOR REGISTRAR – INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY GALLERY
DRIVEN TEAM/PROGRESSIVE ROLE / GROWING GALLERY
December 20, 2021
Great Opportunity for organised, proactive administrator to join the Registrar team; learn and progress. Some gallery /admin experience ess and superb administration/attention to detail/ability to prioritise/ good communication skills……
Gallery is ideas driven, artist led space – collaborative team – everyone is ambitious, driven and passionate contemporary art, artists from diverse backgrounds, cultures.
ROLE The Assistant Registrar will help support the Senior Registrar on all gallery shipments. The role is heavily admin based and the ideal candidate will have a strong organisational acumen. They will work closely with the Senior Registrar, Sales Team and Exhibitions team. The Assistant Registrar will assist with inventory management and record keeping, ensuring the accurate upkeep of all documentation relating to artwork movements is storedaccordingly. The candidate will have strong attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritise.
- Ensure the smooth and efﬁcient running of the gallery on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure the highest standard of presentation for the gallery; making sure it is clean, tidy and presentable atall times.
- Providing out of hours support on exhibition openings and providing monthly Saturday cover.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service to all visitors on the front desk, engaging with the publicprofessionally and positively at all times.
- Ensure the database is updated daily with location changes and location history for all artworkmovements.
- Ensure all paperwork is accordingly drawn up and saved to the database. This includes but is not limited to condition reports, receipt / release paperwork, relevant shipping documents, proof of import and exportand artist consignment agreements.
- Liaise with the Senior Registrar to organise shipping schedules and deadlines – sourcing competitiveestimates and arranging post sales shipping in accordance with artwork and client requirements.
- Liaising closely with the Sales Team, clients, artist’s studios and shippers to ensure an eﬀective postsales service.
- Support on the coordination of exhibition shipments.
- Assist with Artist return shipments once the consignment period ends.
- Helping to arrange framing and conservation as required.
- Work with the Gallery Registrar and Technician on bi-annual stock-checks.JUNIO