JUNIOR REGISTRAR – ARTIST’S STUDIO
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - MUST HAVE SOME REGISTRAR EXPERIENCE 1/2 YEARS - fantastic opportunity for up and coming registrar
DEP UPON EXP
July 21, 2021
The Assistant Registrar would be required to provide administrative support to the registrar particularly with loan requests and loan administration.
- Assist in the administration of all loan requests to the Gallery/studio
- Use the database to log loan requests and update information about agreed loans.
- Prepare loan correspondence for borrowers.
- Set up electronic and paper files.
- Obtain and collate information for loans using the NG’s database and liaising with other departments.
- Ensure all records are kept in good order and managed according to established procedures.
- Prepare a variety of documentation e.g. condition report forms, receipt/despatch notes, case and object labels.
- Archive paper files and digitise documents.
- Prepare purchase orders, process invoices and expense claims.
- Update spreadsheet to record financial data to monitor expenditure against budget.
- Order and maintain departmental stationery and supplies.
- Ensure confidential or sensitive information is handled appropriately and with reference to Gallery policies.
It would be highly desirable to have some experience of working in an administrative environment in a museum/gallery; ideally with Registrars, Exhibitions, Curatorial or similar teams as well as some practical experience with office systems and financial data and some experience with databases and/or collection management systems.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an art historical, fine art or museum related discipline or able to demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge and thinking ability gained through experience.
EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
- Practical experience of maintaining and operating office systems.
- Experience with finances and financial data.
- High level of computer literacy e.g. excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of using complex databases or Collection Management Systems.
- Some experience working within a museum/gallery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well organised, meticulous and methodical approach to work.
- Attention to detail in all tasks whether straightforward or complex.
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate, organise, and utilise data.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- First class oral and written skills.