Head of Production – High Profile Artist
Responsible for Managing the production of artwork for exhibitions in commercial galleries, museum shows and art fairs. Providing feedback on new artwork, projects and concepts.
- Overseeing and monitoring the work of a large team of freelance fabricators.
- The main point of contact between the artist and all secondary parties in the development of new work and the contextualisation of existing works.
- Problem solving technical issues related to production through consultation with technicians, engineers and other experts. Researching affordable, cost effective materials for production.
- Coordinating with the artist’s five commercial galleries on shipping, installation and the display of artworks for art fairs and exhibitions.
- Ensuring production deadlines are met through management of the production schedule.
- Regular travel on behalf of the artist to oversee exhibition installations.
- Manage budgets for large and small-‐scale museum shows, gallery shows, artwork and special commissions including large outdoor sculpture.
- Making regular payments to suppliers and fabricators, negotiating costs and monitoring production expenditure.
- Developing new artworks with the artist through discussion and academic research.
- Communicating with the studio team and the artist’s five galleries about the production of new artwork.
Must have experience in an artist’s studio and a good track record