Head of E Commerce – Leading fine art publisher ; internationally recognised senior artists
Incredible opportunity is with a relatively new online art marketplace representing highly regarded and high profile international artists… Due to huge growth and they are excited to be hiring an Ecommerce Head If you are looking to join a team of passionate and incredibly hard-working people who all have a strong growth mindset and work with the top tier of art and publishing this could be ideal.
The role of Head of E Commerce is to lead e-commerce and digital strategy and to be hands-on in the implementation. You will make sure we deliver meaningful and exceptional experiences throughout our entire customer journey. With a strong understanding of both the art and science of online businesses and marketing, you’ll ensure continuous growth and smooth digital experiences.
To be successful in this role you will need to both see the big picture as well as the details, and be able to prioritize and execute rapidly. The perfect candidate for this position is someone who has a proven track record of e-commerce experience development, leadership and website optimization on a greater scale. Art industry knowledge and background pref.
- Own P/L and innovation/development budget for the e-commerce business.
- Set a profitable and comprehensive e-com strategy to achieve desired online growth and a state- of-the art customer experience.
- Defining product and e-commerce success metrics, objectives, and key results to guide, prioritize, and measure the success of these metrics.
- Optimizing KPIs, conversion rates, retention and user experience.
- Act as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test e-commerce and tech initiatives to increase online sales.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics, gather insights, and communicate across teams – turns data into actions.
- Develop strategies for the current site as well as to identify new areas of e-commerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
- Work closely with marketing, customer experience, creative, business development, operations and external tech team to continuously optimize and challenge our internal processes in favour of our digital growth.
- Art or creative industry track record and knowledge. Must be well informed /
- 3+ years of relevant experience of e-commerce platforms / website metrics, working with customer retention and digital experience at scale.
- Excellent commercial awareness, business understanding and interest in online customer behaviour.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- In depth, technical understanding and best practises.
- Inspiring, independent, and with a global mindset. Used to working towards ambitious goals (and crushing them).
- Strategic and analytical; data and hypothesis-driven. Strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions, great judgment and speed.
- Basic knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance and Marketing
- Experience of loyalty-building digital communication and CRM is a plus.
- Proven logistical experience