GALLERY MANAGER /or Associate Director ..W1 contemporary gallery
- Full responsibility for daily running of the gallery / administration
- Manage team ..sales; registrar; tech; gallery assistant ..
- Managing client & artist relations & coordinating sales.
- Oversee maintaining the database with client & artist records.
- Oversee shipping & insurance, import/export documents, & managing TA account.
- Maintaining the sales day book & working in close contact with the accountant and managing day to day accounts.
- Manage accountant on invoice & credit statements for both clients and artists.
- In charge of planning & installation of 10-11 exhibitions per year.
- Liaising with shippers, photographers, conservators & framers.
- Managing the design & production of exhibition catalogues.
- Oversee the Organising of private views, talks & events.
- Participation in art fairs both in London & abroad.
- Organising general maintenance and cleaning to ensure gallery is kept to a high standard.
- previous experience of Management – private gallery ……
- Experience running a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Sales experience
- Good art industry knowledge.