Gallery Manager – Blue Chip – Leading intl brand
Gallery Manager for Leading international Art Gallery Brand asap start – top tier gallery experience essential. Fantastic roster of artists /manage operations in London /team/ beautiful space
● With Director of Operations, overall coordination of the exhibition schedule for London, in close collaboration with the senior teams in London and New York
● Work as part of the global Exhibition Taskforce to develop and maintain highest standards of exhibition production and management.
● London exhibitions, working closely with global exhibition teams.
● Anticipate any legal issues for exhibitions and ensure due diligence met and liaise with the NY team and any professional advisors to ensure any licenses/permissions are sought. Prepare budgets
● Lead weekly Registrar meetings and act as senior support to the team as and when required.
Events Planning ●
Manage all local events (dinners, special PV, external gallery-hosted special events, staff parties)
● Source dinner venues/venues/caterers for each exhibition/special event and present to sales team ● Establish relationships with restaurants and event venues
● Liaise with Artist Manager/Assistant on compiling dinner lists and gathering nominations from NY/HK ● Manage Gallery Assistant who coordinates sending out invitations, RSVPs with clients, and RSVP lists ● Oversee design of invites/event related printed material
● Manage PV and dinner venue ● Coordinate seating with Artist Manager
● Manage and train Gallery Assistants,
● Recruit, hire, train, and manage invigilators for selected exhibitions ● Ensure summer and Christmas performance reviews are done with both Gallery Assistants and job descriptions are updated
● Building Maintenance & Gallery Management
● Responsible for overall presentation of the gallery ● Manage cleaning contractors
● Manage gallery’s H&S protocols and ensure compliance ● IT, Equipment & Vendors ● Manage local IT services contractors (Synergy) ● Manage all building vendors (electrical, fire, security, janitorial, lift engineers)
● Negotiate all agreements with external vendors and suppliers to control costs Human Resources
● Manage all recruiting for the London gallery, conduct all interviews & provide candidate feedback
● Manage London gallery training and ensure all positions have training manuals and guidelines