GALLERY ASSISTANT – LEADING INTERNATIONAL BLUE CHIP GALLERY
The Gallery Assistant role is an integral part of the gallery, who supports all the gallery departments to ensure the smooth operations of the gallery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sitting at the front desk at Mayfair Gallery
- Answering phones and forwarding calls to relevant staff members
- Stationery and supply management
- Arranging couriers and FedEx
- Managing gallery post
- Setting up gallery space for openings at
- Managing Quality Assurance procedures at
- Liaising with operations team on operating procedures at
- Arranging and overseeing photography
- Re-sizing new images for suitability across multiple platforms
- Filing images on internal Google Drive and Databases
- Obtaining install images
- Overseeing Videography
- Assisting with the updating of the artist press archive
- Adding current and historical exhibitions on gallery website
- Assisting with making press portfolios
- Maintaining Bibliographies for each artist.
- Managing info@ email address
- Producing previews
- Management of the gifts for artists and clients.
- Booking staff travel and accommodation
- Assisting the different gallery teams with administration duties when appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum BA in art related subjects
- Experience of working in the commercial gallery environment or auction houses
- Proficient in art logic and IT skill such as Adobe, photoshop
- Highly organised and attention to details
- Good writing skill
- Good interpersonal skill and a team player
- Multi-lingual is an advantage