LEADING MAYFAIR GALLERY- GALLERY MANAGER POSITION
Gallery Manager Responsibilities:
• Coordinating the daily administration of the gallery & ensuring its smooth running.
• Answering enquiries, managing client & artist relations & coordinating sales.
• Maintaining the database with client & artist records.
• Managing shipping & insurance, import/export documents, & managing TA account.
• Maintaining the sales day book & working in close contact with the accountant and managing day to day accounts.
• Raising invoices & credit statements for both clients and artists.
• Assisting with the planning & installation of 10-11 exhibitions per year.
• Liaising with shippers, photographers, conservators & framers.
• Managing the design & production of exhibition catalogues.
• Organising private views, talks & events.
• Participation in art fairs both in London & abroad.
• Organising general maintenance and cleaning to ensure gallery is kept to a high standard.
Desirable qualities of successful candidate:
• Minimum one years’ experience in a similar role.
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with good verbal and written communication skills.
• An informed interest in British and French figurative art from 1850 to the present day.