ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – ARTS & LIFESTYLE COMMS AGENCY
global client base across art, design, food, architecture, travel
London - central
|Job Type||Employer||First Posted
October 12, 2021
Communications agency founded on a simple vision: the transformative power of culture. Art, design, architecture, food and travel change the way we think, feel and even imagine the future.
Work brings together the people, places and ideas that drive culture forward. Start conversations and cultivate new ideas from the world’s leading visionaries – from global superstars to independent and underrepresented voices. Working at the intersection of creativity and change, we develop projects where culture disrupts social and environmental injustice.
International network, digital savvy and a distinctly editorial approach, enabling us to connect diverse audiences to today’s most compelling creative endeavours.
As part of the four-strong senior management team, the Associate Director will assume primary responsibility for the quality of work that the company is producing.
This is a role that will draw on experience and senior level thought and skills to problem-solve, think ahead, and show leadership.
Develop, guide and nurture relationships , providing a senior-level voice at key moments to add innovation to our PR strategies for them, provide both ad hoc and strategic counsel and ensure the relationships remain healthy and productive.
Associate Director will input into the overall company strategy, and will be accountable, consulted and informed of various different aspects of that strategy.
The Company pursues new directions and embarks on an initial exploration for overseas expansion. There is plenty of room for the Associate Director role to grow with the company and for promotion.
Direction of Client Accounts Output
- Assuming top-level oversight over all client accounts across the agency; ensuring all accounts are being serviced well and the quality of work being produced is at a high level reflecting Scott & Co’s reputation.
- Handling top-tier media relations for select clients: pitching where relevant, coaching the team on media relations and facilitating meetings with media.
- Top-tier liaison with select clients to ensure positive and productive relationships.
- Attending select client meetings alongside the account delivery team members, to provide a senior voice and input.
- Entertaining clients.
- Introducing clients to members of the press, where relevant, in a senior level capacity
Skills and Experience
- At least ten years experience working in PR for cultural brands or organisations. Broader comms, marketing and digital experience would be a bonus.
- Strong media contacts, preferably on an international level, across the arts and culture. Lifestyle contacts would be a bonus.
- A strong network and reputation within relevant sectors within contemporary culture, and an ambition to grow both.
- Strong experience managing and developing teams.
- Passion, interest and regular familiarisation of contemporary culture.
- Drive and ambition to grow one’s own career and to be an integral player in the growth of our company.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent people and social skills.