Assistant to Head Technician – High Profile Artist’s Studio
New position - Involved and interesting pivotal role for smooth running of the Studio
ARTIST'S STUDIO - EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Competitive for the right person
Highly acclaimed international Artist
August 25, 2021
You will be reporting to the London head technician and working closely with management and the studio technicians. You will play a key part in the day-to-day smooth running of the studio. This is a new role and so the right person should be confident and capable to put in place protocols and systems for working in consultation with the Head Technician.
- Scheduling – dealing with day to day requests and organising the studio scheduling accordingly.
- Keep all staff aware of the scheduling and discuss this with the relevant staff and external contacts.
- Communication – Most day to day requests to the studio will go through this role, Proactive communication style to make sure everyone is informed of changes
- Vehicles – Create protocol for the maintenance of the fleet of studio vehicles such as organising and scheduling MOT’s, servicing, weekly checklists, and cleaning.
- H&S – Keeping RAMS up to date as well as writing up new ones.
- Training – Keeping on top of the training schedule; overview of when training needs to be updated.
- Day to day admin – uploading information to the organisational database and maintaining the studio owned and created information in the database is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintaining the studio equipment and tools – Ordering stock, tools, supplies, etc.
- Assist with the sourcing of materials for the fabrication of artworks.
- Assist with the planning for shows, viewings, etc .
- You must be proactive and have a flexible approach to work
- A knowledge of moving, handling, packing, installing and storing artwork would be advantageous.
- Ideally, you would have a clean and full driving licence but this is not essential.
You will need to:
- quickly adapt to change, ready to shift focus onto a new plan as and when required
- think on your feet, be effective at problem solving, show common sense and initiative.
- be eager to get stuck in and help with all tasks no matter how big or small
- can take the initiative with no questions asked
- experience with creating protocols and systems of working