ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT INTERNATIONAL BLUE CHIP GALLERY
Excellent opportunity to join team of hugely successful international gallery
Leading Creative Company
August 22, 2021
The ideal candidate will have solid bookkeeping experience, (ideally in an Art Gallery, but can be trained), and a good understand of accounting processes up to Trial Balance. Duties and responsibilities will include assisting with the preparation of management accounts and other ad hoc duties within the Finance team
- Reconciling Balance Sheet control accounts, investigate discrepancies and amend accordingly.
- Assist Finance Director with monthly artist and commissions statements.
- Assist Finance Director with Month End processes (accruals/prepayments, etc).
- Producing Debtors lists and liaise with both sales and accounts assistant to chase outstanding debts.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Assisting the Finance Director with payroll.
- Assist with year-end and audit process.
- Assisting with various internal projects including system integrations and process improvements.
- Updating Foreign Exchange on Xero.
- Provide cover when accounts assistant is on holiday or if they require support during Art Fairs/Shows.
- Prepare and Submit NY Sales Tax and Florida Sales Tax.
- Provide ad-hoc reports for the Finance Director.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and self-organised.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively and manage own workload.
- Inquisitive and able to investigate anomalies