ASSISTANT DIRECTOR- AGENCY – CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS
Dynamic role /growing agency - develop artists; exhibitions; strategic comms campaigns
FINE ART - Leading artists
NEG DEP EXP/ basic plus comm
Permanent 4 days p w
August 22, 2021
Fantastic opportunity for self starter with visual arts background in either curation, project management or proven track record in communications. Work with leading contemporary artists on exhibitions and comms – play a part in the growth of this unique business working at top tier
Working directly with the Director, this role will develop according to the candidate’s previous experience and strengths.
Role covers : artist liaison, exhibition development and sales. On line development of artists is a current focus.
Assist with artist liaison taking responsibility for individual projects working towards exhibition planning; make and record sales and archiving materials.
- Build artist profiles; arrange studio visits and develop content and material for ‘Featured Artist’ profiles.
- Assist with exhibition planning and project management including insurance; transport; framing; consignment notes and installation.
- Instigate target sales and marry collectors with new works by some of the most exciting artists working today.
- Develop art consultancy contacts and build infrastructure to enable future consultancy projects easy access to art works/ dimensions/ artist profiles and data.
- Work with the Director to develop the strategic plan and positioning for art collectors
- Compile strategic communications campaigns and implement a targeted approach for maximum coverage and audience developmentPlanning, initiating and implementing social media campaigns
- Writing strong content for marketing materials and press releases. Reporting on coverage & audience reach to clients.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who takes initiative, with the ability to work well alone and as part of a team. Collaboration with other arts organisations, associates and artists is at the heart of the business and the role will suit an individual who enjoys making connections and sharing ideas.
- Background in arts / design / communications in the UK with an understanding of the art world.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to manage high-profile client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Initiate and develop partnerships – commercial and non-commercial.