ACCOUNTANT MAYFAIR ART GALLERY – ASSISTS FINANCE MANAGER ..
Gallery Accountant – Assists Finance Manager – Mayfair Art Gallery
Experience working in a busy accounts team ess…..works closely with other departments, customers and suppliers to ensure timely posting and reporting of information.
3 years plus experience must have
ArtLogic is an advantage
Part-qualified Acct (ACCA or similar) or fully qualified AAT (Required)
High-pressure environment where accuracy and speed are essential ……must be able to cope with this with good humour. Self starter with lots of initiative ….can grow in the role in this successful busy international gallery.
Accounting to Trial Balance understanding ….part qual ……. creative environment experience helpful …
- Raise sales invoices on Artlogic according to instruction. Produce word/pdf invoices for approval.
- Code and input all sales invoices in accounting software (currently Accounts edge)
- Maintain and update the debtors list as payments are received.
- Maintain appropriate records.
Gain approval for, code and input all purchase invoices.
- Reconcile supplier statements, request copies of missing invoices as necessary.
- Prepare payment runs for signature/approval. Enter payments into accounts system and issue remittance advice to suppliers if needed
- Maintain appropriate records, including updating database
General accounts duties
- Reconcile the sterling and dollar bank statements.
- Manage, monitor and reconcile petty cash (GBP and foreign Currency)
- Order and issue foreign currency (staff per diems). Collate and check receipts.
- Check and reconcile Credit cards statements (American Express and Visa) obtaining receipts where possible.
- Assist Finance Director with monthly artist statements
- Assist Finance Director with Month End processes (accruals/prepayments, etc)
- Analyse various expense codes to assist with year-end and audit process.
- Provide ad-hoc reports for Finance Director.
Salary circa 35k