STUDIO MANAGER LEADING ARTIST
ARTIST'S STUDIO - EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
|Job Type||Employer||First Posted
August 18, 2021
Dynamic environment where creating art in the form of paintings, sculpture and new work are the basis of all activities.
A leader to work alongside the artist -managing team and facilities. The Studio manager will need to be both an excellent project manager and commercially minded. They will manage people, resources, materials and output while being a good communicator who is open minded, flexible and responsive. A key responsibility is to reduce waste and deliver the most efficient studio operation.
- Managing studio operations; assigning work, reducing waste and delivering efficient operations while remaining flexible and responsive.
- Setting studio targets and objectives to meet company requirements.
- Maintain focus on goals and costs, consistently hitting deadlines
- Optimise studio expenses within agreed budgets.
- Inspire and motivate the team.
- To build a flexible, responsive team that truly believes they can achieve the impossible.
- To manage studio resources to meet requirements at the lowest overall cost.
- To work collaboratively will colleagues and peers in other parts of the organisation.
- Of graduate calibre, ideally degree qualified.
- A minimum of three years’ experience leading teams.
- Experience of running teams in a fast-moving research & development, first-off, prototype environment.
- Project management experience
- Excellent time management – able to meet deadlines
- Previously responsible for expense budgets
- Understanding of lean business, reduction of waste
- Able to demonstrate significant achievements in career-to-date
- Art experience desirable but not essential
|KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· People management; Setting targets and objectives, inspire and motivate, monitoring activities, coaching and mentoring.
· Resource management; assign appropriate resources to meet company requirements, control studio expenditure within defined budgets.